Psychosexual issues are very common, but can still cause great distress, interrupting with self esteem, confidence, normal functioning and relationships.
As both Kate and Rima work integratively they look to understand problems in the context of social, cultural and family beliefs as they all impact on how one knows and understands their sexuality and psychosexual health.
Sessions last fifty minutes and use a variety of techniques and theories including sharing and self-reflection, self-help tools, practical exercises to be done at home, sexual education, and increasing sexual self-confidence and comfort in sexuality or sexual relationships with the security of the therapeutic relationship supporting the work.
It's also important to discuss the history and client's personal understanding of the problem, to assess if there is need for intervention or further investigation from a GP, Sexual Health Screening, Urologist or Gynaecologist.
Common issues include :
- Loss of desire and arousal difficulties
- Erectile or ejaculation problems such as rapid or delayed ejaculation
- Reducing anxiety around sex, relationships, and intimacy
- Sexual abuse or assault
- Sexual health issues
- Sexual orientation questions or insecurities
- Dyspareunia (pain during intercourse)
- Sexual avoidance
- Compulsive sexual behaviour
- Pornography issues
- Orgasmic or anorgasmic problems
- Sexual phobias or aversions
All Couples, Gender Identities and Sexualities Welcome